Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Note about Chattanooga Martial Arts Guide

The compilation of the Chattanooga Martial Arts Guide on this Blog is an independent work of mine. I am not receiving any compensation from any martial arts school in the guide. If offered compensation from a specific school I will refuse. I wish to approach this project with honesty, integrity, and as free from external influence as possible.

In the interest of full disclosure I will state here that I am a student of Dr.Y.Q. Wong's Kung Fu Academy and my 8 year old step-son is a student of Green's Karate. I chose both schools based on my knowledge, experience, and needs. I do not recommend them above other schools based on general considerations, however I may recommend them based on specific considerations posed by individuals asking my opinion.

I have already identified a problem in this process, which is how to balance honesty in my reviews of these schools and not causing a negative or harmful impact on those businesses by expressing my opinions. Where possible I will avoid expressing my opinion and try to provide as much informational resources so that a reader may form their own conclusions.

While there are schools that employ training methods and have affiliations of which I do not approve I will refrain from expressing my opinion on those matters since I recognize those schools may provide other positive services to their students.

This project is to serve the interests of the consumers and potential students of the martial arts. The secondary function of this project is to promote awareness of the Martial Arts in the Chattanooga area community.

No comments:

Post a Comment